Friday, October 2, 2015

9/25



After that I made a quick strip stamp and hope to simply stamp on the muscle like lines. I quickly realized that this looked fake and it looked messy. I decide to look up a reference image of the cerebellum and do it by hand.


At first I did a messy freeze in order to protect my work from what ever functions I use on the cerebellum.
 

 Next, I shrunk my brush down to size1 and began to clean up my freeze so that only the cerebellum will change.

 After that I sculpted a photo real cerebellum using imprint, smooth, amplify, sculpt, and wax tools.

After I finished working on the cerebellum, I smoothed it to be more natural.
I also smoothed and relaxed the transition from cerebellum to brain stem.


Next I began to work on the brain stem using the wax tool. I first used a brush size of 1 to make base displacements. Then, I shrunk my brush to .25 and added 100 strength wax to the piece. These tapeworm looking nonsense would added to the brainy, fleshy effects of the piece.

  I smoothed the wax in order to finalize it. This caused it to be natural and a little creepy like a normal brain.


No comments:

Post a Comment